All those who labor deserve a break! I’ve always enjoyed Labor Day weekend. It’s a time designated for rest, relaxation, and family gatherings. It’s a break from the mundane routine of work or school. Handyman Husband loves this weekend for the latter plus it’s the first opportunity for him to go hunting (He was hoping for some family time too…dove hunting was moved from Saturday to today due to the weather!) I will be spending the day with the kiddos. We’re going to be doing some creative activities like making homemade play dough…SO SO easy and fun!
Getting ready to make the play dough. All you need is the following:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir, then knead until smooth. The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so resist the temptation to omit this ingredient if you don’t have it on hand.
- Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
Read more on FamilyEducation: http://fun.familyeducation.com/sculpting/recipes/37040.html#ixzz25Kxua26h
They chose to mix green and yellow food coloring together.
He is loving life!
Today is truly a day of fun and relaxation. This day brings back fond memories for me too as a young girl making homemade play dough.
What are you doing on this special day? Are you making memories too?
Happy Labor Day!