Happy 2013! For some reason, the sound of 2013 seems so “out there,” but I can honestly say, I’m really looking forward to this new year! In the past, I have made “resolutions,” but this year I’m creating “opportunities!” So why don’t you come along on this Opportunity Journey with me…
1. Create a haven for yourself…a space just for you. Whether it be an entire room or just a corner, make it your own. Enjoy a glass of wine, a cup of tea, or coffee. Dust off that novel, open that new magazine, or just simply sit and reflect. If it’s 5 minutes or 5 hours, do this for YOU!
2. Volunteer! Making a difference in someone else’s life makes a difference in your own life too! I look forward to continuing my work with The Dorcas House as well as the Spring Art Show! This month marks the 1 year anniversary of my relationship with The Dorcas House. I can’t thank Dorcas, Michelle, and the women and children enough for making such an impact in my life!
3. Be creative! Channel that inner passion! Whether it be painting, cooking, organizing, woodworking, gardening, etc. It’s amazing how following a passion can not only be fun and inspiring, but it can be a stress reliever as well!
4. Have fun and act silly! Remember what it’s like to be a kid again!
5. Surround yourself with happiness! Remember, “Happy Spaces = Happy Faces!” Treat yourself to fresh flowers in your home from the florist, grocery store, or your own backyard!
6. Enjoy nature! The world has so much to offer…take a moment to search for ladybugs, enjoy the vibrancy of flowers, listen to the tranquility of water, watch for butterflies!
7. Cherish friendships! The beauty of this blog is sharing my times with friends here in LR as well as my online friends!
Peek-boo-Beth is one of many dear friends!
And Erin Olsen of House of Turquoise blog! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, it’s a must!!!
8. Hug and say “I love you!” The act of hugging is a simple gesture but has such a strong impact. Saying “I love you” is another way of reaching out and honoring those you hold so closely in your heart!
9. Love your spouse and take self-portraits! Handyman Husband is a true rock. His support, love, and encouragement truly means the world to me! In 2013, we are making it a priority to love, laugh, and honor each other!
10. Put yourself out there and create opportunities!!! Take a chance. All someone can say is “no.” But chances are they’ll say “yes!”
Our trip to Connecticut to visit Bunny Williams!
11. Grow! Your business, dreams, relationships, and yourself! 2013 will be a year filled with current clients, new clients, and concentrating on Jana Hunter Interiors! (Notice the updated website!!! Thank you SO much Peter and Ehren!!!) Continuing to empower others through design, turning houses into homes, and embracing my “achievable design” outlook will be a top priority! Learning to value myself…physically, mentally, and spiritually will also be a priority!!!
Teenage girl’s room (before)!
Upstairs landing (before)!
Master bath (a sneak peek of the after)!
Thank you for coming along on this Opportunity Journey with me during 2013! It’s going to be great!!!
Enjoy the day and enjoy 2013!!!