Today we celebrate Thea Mary’s 91st birthday! Thea Mary is one of my Yaya’s best friends and continues to be a part of our family’s gatherings. So, today we honor her…
Last year for Thea Mary’s 90th, Mother honored her with a birthday luncheon!
Mother’s table was set beautifully!
Everything was delicious!
Tonight, we’re having her over for a birthday dinner…I’m making Southern Living’s Chicken Enchiladas (first introduced to my by Peek-A-Boo Beth at the beach!)! Yummy and easy…
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle green taco sauce
- Toppings: diced tomato, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, chopped cilantro
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Coat tortillas with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir together sour cream and taco sauce. Spoon over hot enchiladas, and sprinkle with toppings.
This recipe is a winner!!!
Enjoy the day and Happy Birthday Thea Mary!