Today we are celebrating one year of blogging! WOW! Time flies and it’s been so fun! Here are the top 5 things I’ve learned since this blogging journey began…
1. I absolutely love to write! During school, I would procrastinate when it came to writing which truly is not my nature. I’m not sure if it was self-doubt, fear of failure, or the writing process which back then I loathed. It’s easy to write about something you love, so this blog has been a pure joy! Maybe there’s a book in my future!
2. I love the connection with people! I’ve had people tell me how the this blog has helped them in the decorating world, inspired them, or simply brought a bit of sunshine into their lives. That is an accomplishment in itself. Blogging is not an easy task. Your posted comments keep me going, and I am truly grateful to you! And for those who have not posted comments, I am truly grateful that you are reading my blog!
3. I am amazed at social media! I am active on Twitter, Instagram,and this blog! I have never been active on Facebook (Yes, I was a naysayer when it first came out). I am on Facebook because I took part in a fabulous experiment with Jon Acuff. (I’ll post about that later) And my new goal is to really begin “pinning” on Pinterest. I love how I’ve maintained friendships made from the Design Bloggers Conference and Blissdom because of social media. It is a bizarre feeling, but social media allows you to have an instant connection with those who you have common interests. I never thought I’d be featured on a blog in Spain. But thanks to Instagram, that happened! (Twitter: @JanaHunterInt, Instagram: JanaHunterInteriors, Pinterest: JanaHunterInteriors)
4. I am a dreamer! This year has taught me to dream. Never doubt. Take chances. Learn from mistakes. Put yourself out there. And slowly but surely your dreams will come true. Your dreams will never come true if you never begin the dream! I have several dreams. Most have to do with my business. I’d love to share these dreams during this second year of blogging!
5. I am a wife, mother, and business owner! A true dream comes true! I am married to a wonderful man who is supportive of my dreams. I have two wonderful and precious children. And I finally developed a business that comes from a true passion. I have loved every second with every client. One dream is to continue to grow Jana Hunter Interiors. Slowly. My top priority is my family. My children are young, and I will never get this time back. I’m cherishing it but am still able to work too! A big thank you to my parents for always coming to the rescue!
Thank you for being a part of this journey! And to celebrate this first year, I’m having my first GIVEAWAY…an autographed copy of Chris H. Olsen’s book, “Five Seasons!” Here are the rules:
1. Leave a comment on my blog. 2. Subscribe to my blog. 3. Follow Chris Olsen on Facebook and tell him I sent you. A random winner will be selected on Tuesday, September 3! Good luck!!
Enjoy the day!
P.S. And a HUGE thank you to Ehren and Peter for making this blog a reality!!!